Friday, April 20, 2012

GLADIATOR RUN 04/14/2012

Kel and I headed out on a very cold Saturday morning to the Barona MX track. The site of the Gladiator Rock n Run (Mud Run)5k. Cold, rainy, and windy. Parked, got bussed into the race. Got all taped up (shoes), warmed up. As we were waiting to start our run, they announced the race was now a 6k. Cool !
We counted down and took off ! Up hills, through windows, down hills, over tires, over concrete pipes, through ice vats, carrying bags of sand, over 8 foot walls, over 3 sets of 8ft metal dumpters, up mega muddy hills, under barbed wire in the mud, through muddy drainage pipes, up cargo nets, sliding down a muddy slope into a pool of pure mud water, up and over a 10 foot fall using your legs and a rope, and finshing with a leap over fire. Whew. The actual race was a lot of fun ! Everything around it, not so much. But, Kel and I finished very well. We continue to train hard for the upcoming Tough Mudder in October. Woohoo !! Click below to me the video I shot with my GoPro on my head !


No comments:

Post a Comment